Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sometimes He Calms the Storm.....Sometimes he calms me

2nd Corinthians 4:8

8:

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;


Ever been there? When everything looks bad when gloom and doom are all around yet you have a definite calm? A peace that passeth all understanding! Nothing but God can give you that sweet assurance that your in his almighty hands and everything is working for your good. I want to share some words to a song by the Southern Gospel group the Mckamey's entitled "Sometimes he calms the storm, sometimes he calms me

1st verse

Troubled waters came my way the angry storm grew near

I prayed for God to speak the words to make it disappear

But it seemed the waves would not obey the Masters call for peace

But then the Lord spoke to my soul reminded me he had control

And said this time his words were meant for me


Chorus

Sometimes he calms the storm Sometimes he calms me

Sometimes the storm still rages on but I feel the sweetest peace

It's such a joy to know that my Lord knows just what I need

Sometimes He calms the storm sometimes he calms me

Verse 2

Circumstance may overtake and bring me to my knees

But when I feel I can not cope with this lifes troubled seas

I call on him whose voice can still much greater storms than these

And then the Lord speaks to my soul when he says child I'm in control a

And with one touch he calms the storm in me!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing. How well I know that feeling of God's peace when all the world is falling to pieces around me. Praise His Name Forevermore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Anonymous for sharing this and God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete