Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Don't think it strange

First John 3:13

Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

This world is not our home, Jesus was perfect without sin and they crucified him. The world is full of the devil and his angels and we as Christian are the light of the world and we threaten his kingdom with our very existence so naturally he hates us and will do and use all he can to distract, discourage and ultimately destroy us. I think this old story is a good example of how this world isn't our home....please read


A young boy growing up felt led of the Lord to travel to Ethiopia and minister and teach them about farming so he saved his money and when he turned 18 he left waving by to his parents. While there they passed away and he had no other family. After 3 years of hard, hot work he flew back and on his flight he discovered a celebrity was on board with him.When the plane landed he had to wait for the celebrity to get off first.There were hundreds of people there to see her,newspapers, tv cameramen they had a marching band it was just a big big deal. Then the young man got off the plane and there was no one to greet him not one person. The young man reached out to God and said God why is it after serving you all this time there couldn't be at least one person to welcome me home? The Lord spoke to him and said Son you are not home yet!

What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see, when I look upon his face the one who saved me by his grace and when he takes me by the hand and leads me through the promised land oh what a day a glorious day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment