Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Follow me and I will make you

Mark 1:17


And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me,and I will make you to become fishers of men.

Jesus said this to Simon and his brother Andrew who became his disciples. The point I wan tto make is it that until that point these two men were common ordinary fishermen just going about their everyday normal lives, until they met Jesus and Jesus said unto them "Come ye after me and I will make you to become" now Jesus of course told them fishers of men but he could have said anything a doctor, a teacher, a business owner. My point is God has the power to make you what you need to be. It doesn't matter who you think you, are or your station in life he has the power to make you to become whatever! When the world saw these men they saw dirty, smelly, uneducated and unimpressive men but when Jesus saw them he saw two men that could help to spread Christianity through the entire history of mankind. What great thing does God see in you?

1 comment:

  1. I think many of us have a problem seeing ourselves as God sees us. I know He sees us at the height of our potential.
    But one key that I think we miss sometimes is that Jesus said, "Come after me". To me He is saying, "Seek Me", "Search for Me" with all your heart, soul and being, then I "Will make you". - I AM Blessed!
    Deuteronomy 4:29-31 says, But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
    God is so good! Just knowing Him is better than anything He could ever do for me!

    ReplyDelete